Want to learn some great life rules? Come to Family Apostolic for a Bible discussion series based on the book by Jordan B. Peterson called The 12 Rules For Life. We are eager to see how these rules can apply to us from a Christian perspective.
7pm on Mondays!
About our Rules For Life Bible Discussion:
- Join us weekly for this thought-provoking series. We want to make connections, hear different views and study the Word of God together. You do not have to attend our church or services to participate in this Bible discussion.
- You are welcome to attend and ask questions and share thoughts and even disagree respectfully. We do ask that participants listen and treat each other and different views with respect and decency. Hostility, insults and harsh comments will not be tolerated and the offender will be asked/made to leave.
- This series is great even if you miss a couple weeks or the beginning. You can jump in at any chapter.
- We plan to watch a very short video clip and dive into a discussion about the main ideas of the chapter. If you didn’t read the chapter that week, you will still enjoy the discussion and be able to participate and share your thoughts.
- Each of the chapters really introduces a deep idea or question about what makes life worthwhile and meaningful. You will be challenged to consider your life and your past actions along with your future direction. And we will be discussing all of this with a Christian worldview and Biblical truths in mind.
In case you were wondering, here are Jordan Peterson’s 12 Rules for Life:
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
- Make friends with people who want the best for you
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Tell the truth – or, at least, don’t lie
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
- Be precise in your speech
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
No obligation and no fee to attend. Free coffee and snacks provided. We would love to meet you and you will be challenged and amazed by this Bible study series.